Thursday, September 2, 2010

Aging Athlete

Aging Athlete? Listening to NPR today, the narrator began his story with "aging athletes, those in their 50's and 60's......' Hey! That's me! I'm 52 this year!
Oh,....... that explains the aching muscles in the morning, the thinning muscle mass, the aches that come from pushing hard in a workout, the grayer hair. Geez,I am getting old.
Accepting it is easier when the athletic friends you "hang" with are younger than you are, and they still welcome you in, but adjusting your workout is not easier.
I need to learn to slow down, or at least modify, and enjoy running, and live life.
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...