Started out from home on my road bicycle at 5:55 this morning. Headed out Bandera Rd. before the traffic picked up. I needed to get back to take my little nephews for a walk in the park. My petzl Head lamp works great attached to my helmet, but when I turned onto Scenic loop road, it was DARK! The streams are running again. I could hear them but not see them. I also heard an owl and other bird and animal noises! Climbing the steep hill up to Babcock rd. I saw glowing eyes on the edge of the road! A Fawn couldn't make a decision. At the last second it darted back in to the brush.
The last 3 miles are on the Leon Creek greenbelt paved walkway. where I saw My friend Richard. We spoke a bit and he invited me to meet him and others for a swim in Boerne lake and a bike ride around Waring and Welfare TX. I'll be there for the Bike ride, but I don't swim. I just like jumping in Cannon ball style. Looking forward to riding in the beautiful Texas Hill country tomorrow.
Oh, and my Nephews? Aidan diagnosed himself with the Flu. Poor little guy, He's 6.
I'll miss him today. He is so animated. I'm sure he won't forget, I owe him one.
just an old guy jabbering about running stuff and sharing "Race" reports
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Back to where it began.
I have been ramping up my mileage lately, so two days ago I went out for a 12 mile run. This would be the longest run for me in quite a lon...
-
I ran the Tejas trails Paleface 30K race for the first time last year and although it has some technical rocky sections I did not think much...
-
“You push yourself too hard.” “Don't overdo it.” “Be careful.” “Listen to your body.” This, and more, is what I heard from family and ...
-
I've never run faster than the times I ran away from my big brother for doing something I shouldn't have been doing. My brother watc...
No comments:
Post a Comment