Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating too much on speed but as a runner with a techie watch, I kept glancing at my time. But all in all I had a great run listening to a Podcast with an interview of the Korean Vegan. I've gone Vegan! Never felt better.  After my run I had to run an errand to the grocery store. Pick up a few things for the house. I changed my shirt, I brought an extra one, but as I glanced down at my sky blue shorts I noticed I was drenched in sweat. On the back all over my butt. On the front it looked like I had not made it to the bathroom in time. oh well maybe I'll dry up in the 15 minutes it'll take me to get to the grocery store. Not a chance. As I got out of my truck I quickly walked to the grocery store hoping that I could get to a shopping cart quick enough to shield my body before anyone noticed.  Forget the back. I can't see anyone looking at me from the rear. 

 I got home and made some soup with any and all vegetables I could find. With tofu as my added protein. I called it junk soup. That's what my wife said she called  Homemade vegetable soup when she was a kid. As I was eating an old childhood friend called me up. In the conversation I related my story of today and he shared a story of playing a water balloon fight with his kids and then having to go to the store. He didn't realize it until he noticed everyone was staring at him at the store. Then he said he got out of there as quick as possible. We shared a great laugh as we always do when he calls.

No comments:

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...