Tuesday, August 17, 2010

OK, It's humid.

This past Sunday I went out on a 34 mile bike ride with J. I sure am glad he wanted to ride and not run. I'd missed riding. It was great to be back on the bike. We headed out from Helotes Tx to Boerne Tx. This is the beginning of the Texas Hill Country. Pretty ranch land and quiet rolling hills. We took a break at the Starbucks in Boerne (they are trying to keep Boerne a traditional small town, but Starbucks is too trendy) and cruised the final 16 miles into the wind. This was a nice change from running the wooded, and lately, hot trails. No breezes within the thick trees.
This morning I was not due at work till mid day so I took advantage of the extra time in the morning to run. 5:30 A.M. NICE! No blaring sun. I felt great! Almost took my shirt off. I ran 5 miles at a sub 8 minute mile pace. all was good! I exchanged good mornings with other early morning runners in the dark. Arriving home, I stretched on the porch and started to perspire profusely! I am amazed as my other friends perspire so much, there shorts swish as they walk. Today I was a swisher.

No comments:

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...