Monday, November 15, 2010

Thank you!


The thought of discontinuing this blog posting has crossed my mind. Then I hear from folks who are encouraged by what I do and my experiences. Some even tell me they anticipate my next post! I love to tell my stories. I was in trouble constantly as a child for talking too much. Even in my own family! I have toned it down quite a bit. But I am happy my stories please and encourage people. That was my initial intention.
Earlier this week, a co-worker asked if I was running the Marathon. I said yes
as another co-worker nearby said she would one day like to complete a Marathon
too. I told her what a great experience it is, and how it is so emotional
crossing the finish line for the first time. I told them my friend Sal was their
for me at my first Marathon and I crossed the finish line with tears in my eyes.
Near the end of yesterday's Marathon I was overcome with emotion. Orlando and
Elda screamed at the top of their lungs as they saw me coming up the ramp. I
thanked them for waiting on me and for cheering so loudly. O thanked ME! For
encouraging him and E to train and finish their Marathons.
Later, another friend called to say she had completed her first half and after
recounting her experience she thanked me for encouraging her.
Today I ran into another friend/co-worker at Sun Harvest. After conversing
awhile she said "I've got to go workout. Now I know why you run so much. It
makes me feel good!"
I don't know how to respond to them thanking me for something they have
accomplished on their own.
It does make me happy that I play a small part in encouraging people to be physically active and enjoy life
Just repaying the favor Sal and others have done for me.
Thank YOU!

No comments:

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...