Sunday, June 19, 2011

"I have to keep moving, or I'll catch up with myself"--Ray Romano

I heard this quote this morning and I think it's great!
Recently I was involved in a heated discussion with family members on what causes disease in our human bodies. It was stated that diseases we develop "are in our genes." I disagree.
I say what we have ingested through out or lives and what we now put in our bodies directly affects our health. The reason some diseases or medical conditions exist and remain in families is because most often eating habits and physical activity or inactivity remains the same.
In "The new Detox Diet" By Elson M. Haas, M.D.
Dr. Haas describes how it is important to keep a healthy, balanced GI function. A GI tract imbalance can lead to systemic disease. Maintaining good bacteria in the gut by consuming healthy nutrients and a healthy lifestyle leads to balanced GI tract.
"Over consumption of non nutrient compounds, and under consumption, or under assimilation of required nutrients may produce deficiencies and may lead to allergies or other immune system problems." Elson M. Haas, M.D.
It was also stated in our discussion that as we age, "something's got to give."
This is true. But we can keep moving and try to keep eating healthy to stay ahead of that "something" that's gonna give!
Keep moving, or you'll catch up with yourself!

No comments:

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...