Monday, November 24, 2008

Flag Football

I thought I'd play some flag football this past weekend, so I agreed when asked, to be on a team in an all day tournament. I was flattered.
Wow! what fun! Most of the players were in their late 30's to mid forties with a few kids in their teens. I am soon to be 50, but I thought, "hey I can hang."
Well I did for the most part. Sprinting and stopping frequently is very different than running the trails. It felt good to be able to keep up with most of these guys. I scored a touchdown on a catch and run(about 30 yards). I fell twice and had my right middle finger bent back a couple of times. We lost one game and were co-champions of the tournament!
Today it was very difficult to get out of bed. I cannot make a fist with my right hand. It hurts! I am walking like I did the day after my 100 miler. If I sit for too long, it takes about 100 feet of walking before I am completely upright and walking almost normally. Seems like every muscle in my body is sore. But, I had so much fun, to be able play like a kid again.

No comments:

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...