Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Simple pleasures


Back on the trails today! Well, on my Mountain bike. I was so tempted to ride on the natural trails but stayed on the paved trails. Still recovering. The cool northerly breeze and the beautiful wildflowers made for a wonderful cruise through nature. Ding, Ding, Ding, the on coming bikers yelled mimicking my bell as I warned them. They smiled and waved. A young child looks up, but not back, as he asks his mother "what's that?" upon hearing my bell. "It's a biker asking for room" she says. "Sorry It's not the ice cream man." I say. I was out for just an hour, but it seemed so long and far away. And I was lost with my thoughts in the beauty of the outdoors. Smiling was easy as I was immersed in the simple pleasures of the world around us, and I thought of the good things in life, and more good things in life.

No comments:

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...