Monday, May 31, 2010

Now the clay of which you were shaped has dried and hardened.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Still recovering from my surgery for my severe groin injury. It is slow going. I feel my clay is hardening! Recovery is difficult when you are told to not do a thing. I am not even supposed to walk around the block. Although I feel better this week, I am reminded, by small throbbing sensations in and around the area of my surgery, to go slow.
The one benefit? I feel all my little muscle and tendon aches have disappeared. For the last three weeks the small twinges in my left heel, right Achilles tendon, and lower back are gone! These were not terrible pains I was having. We as runners always have some small issues while others have larger muscle pains. I can't help but think this is a benefit, but that I have to beware when I do resume my running. I don't want to feel I can run hard and long to soon. It will be a long slow road back. I am looking ahead to that time and can't wait.

2 comments:

Jeff Farrell said...

Very sorry to hear about your injury and surgery!!! Take your time coming back. The trails will still be there.

Greg L said...

Sorry Tony; hope you have a speedy recovery.-Greg

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...