My PF has not improved and I am now relegated to the bicycle. I have not run for over two weeks. My fault. I ran too far too soon after my surgery and dismissed the "signs". Impatience has always been a fault of mine. Always!
The pain has grown from nagging, to painful at times and is affecting other parts of my left leg. I now have developed a "knot" on the right side of my left heel. People notice I am limping a bit, more than I do. Self treatment and visits to a massage therapist has not helped, so now I finally have made an appointment to see an orthopedic Dr. Next Monday I'll tell him my sob story.
I love riding my bike on the roads in the nearby Hill Country. But I miss running the trails alone, and with friends. I can get lost emotionally, and spiritually running the trails alone. And I can have fun following, chasing, and teasing friends on the trails.
The bicycle demands more attention. Attention to pot holes, animals crossing the roads (saw a beautiful Buck and a handsome roadrunner cross the road ahead of me two days ago), Also, motorists who may be on the phone or texting need to be paid attention to!. I now try to ride with a bright blinking light on my jersey rear pocket at all times. But it's very enjoyable riding in the early morning with a friend, or friends, in the Hill country with it's beautiful panoramic views from the hill tops, and spinning or pumping up these hills and receiving your reward on the other side, a fast downhill ride!
just an old guy jabbering about running stuff and sharing "Race" reports
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Back to where it began.
I have been ramping up my mileage lately, so two days ago I went out for a 12 mile run. This would be the longest run for me in quite a lon...
-
I ran the Tejas trails Paleface 30K race for the first time last year and although it has some technical rocky sections I did not think much...
-
“You push yourself too hard.” “Don't overdo it.” “Be careful.” “Listen to your body.” This, and more, is what I heard from family and ...
-
I've never run faster than the times I ran away from my big brother for doing something I shouldn't have been doing. My brother watc...
1 comment:
damn....
Post a Comment