Saturday, September 11, 2010

Spooky!

Started out from home on my road bicycle at 5:55 this morning. Headed out Bandera Rd. before the traffic picked up. I needed to get back to take my little nephews for a walk in the park. My petzl Head lamp works great attached to my helmet, but when I turned onto Scenic loop road, it was DARK! The streams are running again. I could hear them but not see them. I also heard an owl and other bird and animal noises! Climbing the steep hill up to Babcock rd. I saw glowing eyes on the edge of the road! A Fawn couldn't make a decision. At the last second it darted back in to the brush.
The last 3 miles are on the Leon Creek greenbelt paved walkway. where I saw My friend Richard. We spoke a bit and he invited me to meet him and others for a swim in Boerne lake and a bike ride around Waring and Welfare TX. I'll be there for the Bike ride, but I don't swim. I just like jumping in Cannon ball style. Looking forward to riding in the beautiful Texas Hill country tomorrow.
Oh, and my Nephews? Aidan diagnosed himself with the Flu. Poor little guy, He's 6.
I'll miss him today. He is so animated. I'm sure he won't forget, I owe him one.

No comments:

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...