Sunday, December 18, 2011

Smoothies and Sprints

On a run not too long ago my friend Liza and I were talking smoothies for breakfast and what we put in them. This morning I was creative with my smoothie making.
1 large Kale leaf
1 small beet with it's greens
(I had vegetables fresh off the farm! Ronnie and I were at the Pearl brewery's farmers market yesterday.)
2 tbsp. greek yogurt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tbsp. milled flax seed
2 raw eggs
2 tbsp. almond butter
1/2 cup Almond milk
Yum, Yum! It stopped my stomach growling!
I contemplated running for a couple of hours at Government Canyon but again I was too lazy to load the truck and drive over there. So again I was creative, this time with my workout.
2 1/2 mile run to the soccer fields at O.P. Schnabel park.
4 X 100yd. sprints with 12 pushups after each one and 1 min. rest between each set
rest 2 minutes.
4 X 100yd. sprints with 20 squats after each one, 1 min. rest between each set
rest 2 min.
4 X 100yd. sprints with 10 box (bench) jumps after each one, rest 1 min. between each
rest 4 minutes.
Chase some deer around a couple trees in the brush.
2 1/2 mile run back home.
10 X 3 one handed kettle bell (25lb.) swings (3 sets each side)
Great workout fueled by a great smoothie! I wonder if I can keep it up.
Now I can justify the homemade Tamales I'll eat later today! And not feel so bad for being too Lazy (playing on my iPod on the way home) to drive to GC and run long.
Ronnine had oatmeal for me when I got home.
At the farmers market I bought raw honey. It's good! The farmer said "this is what honey is supposed to taste like." He's right. Growing up, we had a bee keeper who lived across the street. The taste of this honey brought back that memory. I also remember when some of his bees built a hive the size of two basketballs on a neighbors tree. We kids stood (far away) and watched in awe as Mr. Cano, decked out in his bee keeper suit, climbed a ladder and removed the hive!

No comments:

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...