Friday, January 15, 2016

2015 year end recap


With 5 series races under my belt for the year 2015, I ran my last two sub-ultra races this past November and December, in a quest to end up in the top three for my age group in the Texas trail Championship series. Success!

After Cactus Rose 50 I slacked off in training. I was Relying mostly on 15 mile weekend runs but not enough mid-week training. Getting Lazy? Or getting old. I can’t do that much longer. I paid for it after running these last two races of 2015.

The Wild Hare in November was a race I had not ever run. The race is held on a mountain bike course in Warda, Tx. Pretty nice area in east Texas surrounded by rolling hills. I ran the 25 K event. The trails are not technical. They wind down, and around a stream with slick (if it’s wet) short descents and climbs. Some of the course was wet. All in all I had a great run and won a metal pig as third Masters coming in at 2:33:59.

My Last race for 2015 was in far North Texas along Ray Roberts Lake in Isle du Bois state park. I really enjoyed this park! The course on the 23 mile event was 99 percent single track under a canopy of trees. The area had been flooded recently and some picnic tables near the lake shore were under water. The course was dry for the most part. There were about three areas where we had to run through water but these were no longer than a couple of yards.

I was having a great race until about mile 15 when I began to feel just a little fatigued. I started out too fast I guess. Around this time I could see my buddy Thor up ahead. He seemed to be struggling. I caught him with about six miles to go. We pushed each other to the finish and crossed the finish line together at 4:04:30.

Got to ramp up my training and stay consistent. Rocky 50 on February 13 is fast approaching!


Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...