Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Still Recuperating

I went out today anticipating a run in the rain. No such luck. The Hurricane brewing in the gulf is headed our way and is teasing us with winds and scattered rain. It will let us have it soon. Hopefully South Texas will experience very little damage.
Going out this afternoon I wasn't sure how far I wanted to go. After the 11 miler two days ago at Government Canyon I felt good. But the next morning climbing the stairs to my second floor office, my knees let me know they are still getting accustomed to bouncing along the trails. Deep down I thought 11 miles may be too long a run too soon. I am glad it went well though. I didn't let my friends know I wanted to go slower, but it was OK. Not too fast really,and maybe what I needed.
"Slow Tony, slow. come back slow. Remember the tingling in your knees while climbing those stairs yesterday morning". This convinced me to just run about 3 miles today.

No comments:

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...