Friday, July 9, 2010

Life

I met friends at Friedrich park yesterday for a 4+ miler. Again the weather has been good. While the northeast has been suffering with the heat this year, we have yet to hit 100 degrees. Heck, we haven't even seen the high 90's much. Unusual for us. The rain was all around us but we only had a few drops. The conversation was good. We relayed personal info and stories during and after the run. We discussed the upcoming Leadville 100 trail race during our post run recovery (beers at Hills and Dales). Some of us are going! One racing, the others pacing and crewing. As we departed, I realized the main reason I partake in in these runs, and races is the camaraderie. The relation to my fellow human being. Sure I want to run fast, and I want to stay fit. But the real good feelings come from relating to friends with the same interests. We discuss life in general too.

No comments:

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...