Monday, December 27, 2010

Good, and not so good. 2010

Thinking about some of the good things, and the not so good things of this past year as it draws to a close.
Not so good; My first DNF. Happened at the Bandera 100k. Good thing; I learned from it. I can't brave extreme cold temperatures as well as I did in my younger days. Layer up wisely next time.
Good thing! The Nueces trail run. A truly beautiful place to run. A great trip up with friends and time on the trails with these fellow San Antonio trail runners.
Not so good; A severe groin injury that required surgery. Good thing; I learned my limits as far as weight training.
Not so good; Developed Plantar Fasciitis on my left foot. Good thing; I recovered relatively quickly and learned the secret to PF relief. Massage the soul of the foot daily. And a little barefoot running doesn't hurt either. A LaCrosse ball works great for massaging. Thanks Liza.
Good Thing! My trip to Leadville to crew for and pace Liza. And witness a great performance as she WON!
Good thing! Had so much fun running the San Antonio Rock and Roll Marathon. Although a road run, it was fun. And I had a comp entry.
Good thing; Many, upon many, training runs with our great group here in San Antonio and with visitors from other parts.
It really is a treasure to have great friends to run, converse, and Share stories and emotions with.
Can you Love your friends and fellow trail runners? Sure you can.
Reminds me of lyrics from a Leon Russell song (A song for You). With a change at the end by me, for my friends,
"I'll love you in a place where there's no space and time,
I'll love you for my life, you are a friend of mine.
And when my life is over, remember when we were together,
We were alone with nature and you were pacing me up the trail."

No comments:

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...