Saturday, March 12, 2011

Strong seniors

My mom's big sister, Aunt Francis, has always been a small but very strong woman. When I called to wish her a happy 85th birthday this past Thursday, she said she'd just returned home from the senior center and she had a great time. I asked if she rode the bus, as she had been doing. "No" she said, "I have difficulty now, but Guess what?" "My little sister, your Aunt Rosa, surprised me and was there with a cake for me" "And, SHE rode the bus!"
Now Aunt Rosa is her little sister, but Aunt Rosa is 74 years old and had to transfer buses downtown! How's that for love? How's that for staying active?
Members of my Mom's family have always been caring, loving, and happy people. I guess that's what keeps them strong.

No comments:

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...