Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Because I enjoy running so much I volunteered to be a mentor for the San Antonio Roadrunners 5K program. Today was the first meeting at Brackenridge park where the roadrunners have their weekly 2 mile fun run. It was great! More people than I had imagined showed up. There may have been 70! There will be about 20 mentors.  Brackenridge Park is an old historic park where the San Antonio zoo is located. The park roads and trails were renovated a few years ago making it safer and more pedestrian friendly. We ran/walked 1.5 mile on our inaugural run. I think it's going to be fun. Our target race is the first weekend of August.
Before the 6 PM meeting I ran my 10 X 10 second hill sprints up Stadium drive. It was smoother than the usual hill workout with L at Freidrich park but just as steep. I took just a bit more time between sprints and  I could hear L's voice in the back of my head saying "Come on Come on!" I wanted to stop at 8, but didn't.
Capped of the evening with a visit to my buddy T's where he and E were brewing up a new batch of an IPA.
Life is good.

No comments:

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...