Monday, February 10, 2014

I'm Young! In my mind.

Today I heard something very interesting, Mike Greer's 11 points of healthy ageless living.
Besides the obvious eat well and exercise points, what I found interesting was the advice to not hold grudges. I agree wholeheartedly. To harbor Ill feelings towards another person, no matter what the reason may be, only eats at us inside. It is better to let it go. No matter if "they drew first blood" Rambo.
We don't know what goes on in another's mind. What their story is. Everybody has a story.
My mother in Law put it best, "Every person is a different world."
The other point I agree with, and what helps me is to be part of something bigger than yourself. Belong to a social group or network. I manage our running groups email list. Sometimes it is over whelming but I make people happy by including them and it makes me smile. I smile when I meet new people and interact with these folks.
The point that I liked most was the "Mythical age." If you didn't know when you were born what would you say is your age?
I often tell people I feel I am 16!
Forget all that nonsense about getting old I've written about. I'm 16!

No comments:

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...