Saturday, May 31, 2014

Latest best run

"5 AM! you'd think we were going fishing or something."
My response to This (John's text about the time he was picking me up to head out for some trail running in the Hill Country), "yeah, but it's just as good."
We met a few other friends who were staying in a cabin out near Leakey Texas. Leakey (lake-ee) is nestled in the Heart of Texas' beautiful Hill Country west of San Antonio. I have fond childhood memories of this area. Stories I tell about camping out in this area probably bore my friends by now.
Today's run was one of those that will live in my memory as one of the best ever with friends. No set amount of mileage to be run, no goal pace, no hill repeats. Just a fun, conversation sharing, nature loving run. BUT, In an effort to keep me motivated, I signed up for The Pedernales Falls 30K night Trail race on June, 28th. This will my first race in this series and It's been a very long time since I've run at night so I am looking forward to it. But I have to ramp up my training.
Now I've got to share this. Yesterday I saw a co-worker who has changed his eating habits by cutting out processed foods, eating more green leafy vegetables, good fats, and has become more active. All because of the guys at work who have experienced serious health issues lately. Jokingly I asked him if he is tired of hearing people tell him he is too thin. "Yes! but I get really upset when they ask me if I am sick." he said.
I laughed and he continued, "But you know what? I am no longer suffering from allergies, I no longer need my high blood pressure medication, I have more energy,........."
That's what I try to tell people!
OK, That's all  :-)



No comments:

Drenched

  Today's run was at my favorite Local natural area. It was very humid with no wind at all. I had a fairly good run not concentrating to...